Paris Themed Party Food, Decor, and Activities – 5 Easy Ideas
How much fun are Paris themed party food, decor, and activities?! Paris is one of the most romantic and stylish cities in the world, and it’s no surprise that a Parisian theme party can be so popular among party-goers.
With this in mind, whether you’re planning a birthday party, a bridal shower, or any other kind of celebration, a Parisian theme can add an elegant and sophisticated touch to your event.
Here are five ideas for decorations, foods, and activities to make your Parisian theme party a success.
This blog post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you, and I only recommend products that I have personally used or believe will be of value to my readers.
Parisian Themed Party Inspiration
This Parisian theme idea page was inspired by my aunt. She threw the most beautiful party for my cousin’s bridal shower. In fact, the theme was kept as a surprise for the bride-to-be.
It’s hard to say what is the best part of a Paris themed party. Given that, the decorations give such a flair of elegance to the party.
Paris Themed Decorations
- Eiffel Tower decor: No Parisian theme party is complete without the iconic Eiffel Tower as part of the decor. That said, you can use Eiffel Tower replicas, large or small, or create cutouts from cardboard or paper to hang on the walls or as centerpieces.
- French bistro ambiance: Decorate your party space to resemble a classic French bistro. This can be done by using black and white checkered tablecloths, red and white striped awnings, and vintage French posters.
- Chandeliers: Chandeliers can add a touch of glamour and elegance to your party decor. For example, choose crystal chandeliers or ones with black shades to create a chic and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Parisian street lamps: Add some lighting to your party decor by using Parisian street lamps. These can be used as centerpieces or as lighting fixtures throughout the party space.
- French flags and flowers: French flags and flowers like lavender, roses, and lilies can add a touch of color and elegance to your Parisian theme party.
Paris Themed Party Food
- French cheese and charcuterie: Create a cheese and charcuterie board featuring a variety of French cheeses like Brie, Camembert, and Roquefort, along with cured meats like prosciutto and salami.
- French baguettes and croissants: Serve freshly baked French baguettes and croissants with butter and jam, or use them as a base for mini sandwiches.
- French macarons: Add a touch of sweetness to your Parisian theme party by serving French macarons in different flavors like raspberry, pistachio, and chocolate.
- Ratatouille: Serve a classic French dish like ratatouille, which is a vegetable stew made with eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes, to add some authenticity to your party menu.
- For an adult party, Champagne: No Parisian theme party is complete without a bottle of champagne. Serve it chilled in champagne flutes or as part of a champagne cocktail.
This fountain is an absolute showstopper at party. This fountain or similar can be found on Amazon.
Also, don’t forget the chocolate to go with the fountain!
In addition, bamboo skewers are also a nice accessory to drizzle the chocolate on to a variety of fruits or marshmallows.
Additional Themed Menu Ideas:
French Toast, of course! If you serve French toast, be sure to have the toppings with it such as whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Similarly, the chocolate fountain and fresh fruit to coat with chocolate make a fun and interactive menu idea.
Activities for Your Paris Party
- French-themed photo booth: Set up a photo booth with a Parisian backdrop and props like berets, Eiffel Tower cutouts, and fake mustaches to encourage your guests to take fun photos.
- French language lessons: Hire a French language teacher to give mini French lessons throughout the party. Thereafter, your guests will have fun learning how to say “Bonjour” and “Merci” correctly.
- Wine tasting: Host a wine tasting featuring French wines like Bordeaux, Chablis, and Champagne. Your guests will have fun learning about the different regions and flavors of French wine. In fact, here is a wine tasting guide for reference.
- French-themed games: Play French-themed games like pétanque (a French game similar to bocce ball) or Parisian-themed trivia games to keep your guests entertained.
- French movie screening: End the night by screening a classic French movie like “Breathless.” Lastly, your guests will enjoy the opportunity to relax and unwind while enjoying some French cinema.
In conclusion, a Parisian theme party can be a fun and sophisticated way to celebrate any occasion. A Paris theme would also make a great backyard date night idea. Additionally, this would be a fun theme for a Paris themed quince. With these five ideas for decorations, foods, and activities, your party is sure to transport your guests to the charming streets of Paris.